The NARC Basic Online Leadership and Management Course was introduced for subalterns that require years of experience to qualify for membership of their professional bodies. It is also meant for those whose areas of specialisation have no existing professional bodies. As the name implies, the Basic Leadership and Management Course is designed to introduce the participants to the fundamentals of leadership and management as junior officers.
- To build capacity towards a better understanding of the difference between leadership and management and how to effectively combine them to achieve results.
- To create better understanding on how to use different leadership styles at different situations and how to inspire and motivate subordinates in the workplace and combat situations.
- To broaden participants’ understanding and awareness of emotional intelligence and how it will impact on their performance as leaders as well as subordinates.
- To build the capacity of participants to recognize the different types and causes ofconflicts in work setting and operational environment and how to apply the relevant strategies to manage them.
The course consists of 5 modules which are undertaken online after verification of payments. The modules are:
- Module I: Introduction to Leadership.
- Module II: Fundamentals of Leadership.
- Module III: Emotional Intelligence as a Leadership Tool.
- Module IV: Leadership and Conflict Management.
- Module V: Effective Leadership Communication.
The Basic Leadership and Management Course is targeted at subalterns that required years of experience to qualify for membership of their professional bodies.
The course is self-administered and undertaken online by participants. To ensure easy understanding and participation, the following are step by step procedure for participants for the On-Line Leadership and Management:
- Visit https://narclms.org.ng or https://narc.org.ng.
- Click the icon for registration. Fill the provided form to register for the course.
- Click the “Basic Leadership and Management Course for NA Officers” to enrol.
- A payment page would be displayed for the payment of the course fee of Forty Thousand Naira only (N40,000.00) for non-NARC members while Thirty Thousand Naira only (N3 0,000. 00) for NARC registered members.
- Make payment online using any Bank ATM debit cards or credits cards by carefully following the instructions.
- After payment, the participant will immediately be redirected to the course for commencement of the course for a period of 2 weeks.
- On successful completion of the course at the expiration of 2 weeks, participant will be allowed to write the examination online.
- The examination is 100 multiple choice questions using the format of Computer Based Test (CBT). The maximum time allowed for the examination is one hour.
- After examinations, NARC willbe able to see the details (marks scored) of the examination written by participant, including the analysis and thereafter a Certificate of Participation will be generated and forwarded to both the participant and appropriate superior authority for further action.
The course is self-administered and accessible online. The course is delivered via NARC Learning Management System (LMS) and can be accessed from anywhere at any time of the day to ensure affordability, accessibility and comfort.
The course duration is usually one month within which all qualified participants are expected to log into the portal, undergo the course, write the exam and submit their answers on or before the deadline when the portal will be closed. Additionally, allowable period to study the course material is 2 weeks before the examination commences.
The Course Fee is Forty Thousand (N40,000.00) only.