The course seeks to examine and provide participants with the requisite skills for building and sustaining relationships, promote peace and assure a robust Civil-Military-Relation in the system. It introduces the core principles of effective communication, negotiation, mediation and arbitration and also offers basic skills and techniques for effective conflict management.
- To imbibe effective communication skills and dynamics for resolving contemporary conflict/disputes.
- To develop participants’ mediation capacity and humour for effective conflict management.
- To equip participants with creative ability and optimism to manege information and conflict situation.
- To create conscious awareness on conflict situations and information sharing mechanisms.
- To understand basic legal position relating to amicable conflict management and dispute resolution.
The Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Course will cover the following areas:
- Communication skills.
- Dynamic Leadership.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Conflict Management Theories.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism.
- Social Values and Justice.
The course is delivered using combination of lectures, case studies, simulations and group exercises.
The target audience for the course includes Supervisors, Managers, Asst Directors/Deputy Directors/Directors, Team Leaders, Senior HR and Administrative Staff, Senior Operations and Logistics Staff, Commanding Officers and Commanders, as well as Risk Managers.
The Conflict Management and Alternate Dispute Resolution Course is facilitated by a team of skilled scholars and mentors drawn from professional managers from diverse backgrounds, including the Mediation Training Institute and NARC.
The duration of the course is 5 days.
N120,000 per participant.