Human resource management involves strategic approach to the effective management of people in an organization, so that they help the business to gain a competitive advantage. This course explains the concept of recruitment and selection and the approach through which an organization can utilize the manpower, not only for the benefit of the organization but for the growth, development and self-satisfaction of the employees.
- To build capacity to conduct adequate and credible recruitment and selection processes, select the right work force, and guide them towards aligning with the organizational goals and vision.
- To develop the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different individuals in an organization in a bid to get the best out of them to achieve organizational goals.
- To build the capacity to harness the human resource of an organization in a bid to develop them for the benefit of both the individual and the organization.
- To equip participants with the capacity to handle conflicts in the workplace.
- To equip participants with knowledge on how to give employees a sense of pride and dignity in working for an organization.
- To develop the participants’ understanding on strengthening and enhancing the productivity of an organization through its workforce
The Human Resource Management Course is facilitated by a team of skilled scholars and mentors drawn from the academia and professional managers from diverse backgrounds, including the Development Specs Academy, FNI Management and Accounting Services and NARC
The course is delivered using a combination of lectures, case studies, simulations and group exercises.
- The recruitment and selection process.
- Succession planning and career path development.
- Organizational Structure.
- Disciplinary measures and dispute resolution in public service.
- Time management and personal effectiveness.
- Conducting performance appraisals.
- Effective presentation skills and confidence building.
- Fundamentals of organizational people management.
Heads of organizations, directors, managers, business owners, military and paramilitary commanders, Heads of departments and units, public administrators, leaders at any level and the general public.
The duration of the course is 5 days.
N80,000 per participant.