Leaders and managers mostly conduct their daily activities using effective communication to influence others to carry out tasks, implement change and share ideas. This course addresses the skills and strategies needed for effective communication and influencing those in the operating environment.
- To explain and apply different communication styles and
- To enhance the ability to identify and deploy different weapons of influence leadership
- To identify and practices preparation technique s for influencing others through effective communication.
- To contextualize the impact of influential communication within the organization and practice the skills for influencing others.
- To have a greater self-awareness of when to use different influencing- enhancing styles in communication.
- The four stages of Influence – the Influence Grid.
- Stakeholder mapping/Values, Culture, Context.
- Influencing objective and styles.
- VAK – Lead representational systems.
- Influencing strategies – Cialdini’s Weapons of Influence. Possibl e r e sist anc e through influencing.
- Practical applications.
The course is delivered using a combination of lectures, case studies, simulations and small group exercises.
Heads of organizations, directors, managers, business owners, military and paramilitary commanders, Heads of departments and units, public administrators, leaders at any level and the general public.
T h e Communicating and Influencing Skills Course is facilitated by a team of skilled mentors drawn from the academia, industry practitioners and professional managers from diverse backgrounds, including the Development Specs Academy and NARC.
The duration of the course is 5 days.
N60,000 per participant.