One of the key factors identified for operational and enterprise failures among non-commissioned officers in and out of service was lack of leadership and management training. In order to address the identified, gap the NARC introduce a personal and career development course for Senior NonCommissioned Officers to enhance their performance in the field and outside the service. The training is delivered online through the NARC Learning Management System (LMS) which can be accessed from anywhere at any time of the day. This is to ensure accessibility, convenience and affordability for the targeted audience.
- To prepare SNCOs to take higher responsibilities within and outside the system.
- To help SNCOs effectively manage the men under them.
- To help SNCOs enhance their operational capacity in line with modern trend in the battlefield.
- To improve SNCOs IT, communication and negotiation skills.
- To equip SNCOs adequately for life after service as the skills and certificate acquired will also be useful in post service life.
- This training will qualify the SNCOs for NARC Associate Membership status with associated benefits.
The online course is voluntary and open to all SNCOs of the NA and sister Services.
The course content is easily accessible online to participants. The following are step by step procedure for the online Junior Leadership and Management Course for the Senior Non-Commissioned Officers:
- Visit https://narclms.org.ng or https://narc.org.ng.
- Click the icon for registration.
- Fill the provided form to register for the course.
- Click the “Senior Non-Commissioned Officers Course” to enrol.
- A payment page would be displayed for the payment of the course fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira only (N15,000.00) only.
- Make payment online using any Bank ATM debit cards or credits cards by carefully following the instructions.
- After payment, the participant will immediately be redirected to the course for commencement of the course for a period of 2 weeks.
- On successful completion of the course at the expiration of 2 weeks, participant will be allowed to writethe examination online.
- The examination is 100 multiple choice questions using the format of Computer Based Test (CBT). The maximum time allowed for the examination is one hour.
- After examinations, a certificate of participation will be generated for the successful participants.
The Online course package will cover the following areas:
- Leadership and man – management. Administrative/Management Principles.
- Application of Business principles and process.
- Security Management. Critical Thinking.
- Negotiations and Communication skills.
The course is self-administered and accessed on-line. The course is delivered via NARC LMS which can be accessed from anywhere at any time of the day to ensure affordability, accessibility and comfort.
The course duration is usually one month within which all qualified participants are expected to log into the portal, undergo the course, write the exam and submit their answers on or before the deadline when the portal will be closed. Additionally, allowable period to study the course material is 2 weeks before the examination commences.
N15,000.00 only per participant.