Many contemporary operational, administrative and logistics challenges require creative ways to handle them particularly for the junior and mid-level cadre offices and soldiers in some unique situations and environment. The knowledge of critical thinking, emotional intelligence and mentorship becomes very critical in preparing junior and mid-cadre level officers as tactical or acting operational level commanders with the sufficient capacity to handle the ever-dynamic challenges with the essential leadership skills needed for appropriate decision making for the overall benefit of the system. Elements of the programme can also be tailored to meet the requirements of soldiers of specific ranks.
- To increase creativity and critical thinking skills amongst participants for optimal performance.
- To improve adaptation to the constantly changing environment.
- To introduce adaptive leadership for creative change.
- To develop emotional intelligence for the achievement of results.
- To enable participants particularly junior officers understand the significance of mentorship for successful career development of mentees in the NA.
It is envisaged that both officers and soldiers of the NA would take part in the programmed . Three categories of participants have been proposed as follows:
- Middle Cadre. Maj – Col.
- Junior Cadre. 2Lt – Capt.
- Soldier. Cpt – AWO
The course is proposed for 10 working days at the rate of 2 days per module.
The Course Fee is N150,000.00
The Junior/Mid-Cadre Officers’ Leadership Skills Education programme will cover the following modules:
- Critical Thinking.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Leadership (junior and midlevel).
The course is delivered using a combination of lectures, case studies, simulations and small group exercises.
The Leadership Skills Development Course is facilitated by a team of skilled mentors drawn from the academia, industry practitioners and professional managers from diverse backgrounds, including the Development Specs Academy, ElisNelson EPP Resourcery and NARC.
The programme could be altered to meet the needs and requirements of any organisation desirous of its conduct. The duration could also be redefined to suit the purpose of our client.